Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2011

Weihnachtswichtelwerkstatt 2 [Christmas workshop 2]

Braucht ihr noch ein rasches Weihnachtsgeschenk? Manchmal fehlt einfach die Zeit für einen (weiteren) Quilt. Was immer geht, nett aussieht und praktisch -weil verwendbar- ist, ist eine kuschelige Fleecedecke (wie man sie zB im schwedischen Möbelhaus bekommt) mit Applikationen zu versehen. Meine älteste Freundin mag pink, apfelgrün und Ziegen. Na bitte! Aus dieser Vorgabe lässt sich schon etwas machen:

Do you need a last minute Christmas present? Sometimes there is not enough time for a(nother) quilt. But you can make up for the lack of time by adding some applications on a cosy fleece plaid (like those you get at the swedish furniture store). My BF likes pink, apple green and goats. I felt I could do sth with those conditions:






Ich schnitt die Fransen von der Fleecedecke, fügte noch ein Schrägband aus Stoffstreifen an- fertig!
Noch 11x schlafen :-) Ich muss mit der Weihnachtsnäherei endlich fertig werden. Letzen Samstag fand ich am Flohmarkt genau die 50er Jahre Sessel, die ich schon so lange gesucht habe. Natürlich sind sie ziemlich renovierungsbedürftig und ich würde schon so gerne damit beginnen, sie zu schleifen, anzustreichen und neu zu beziehen.

I added a scrappy binding - done!
I really need to finish all this christmas sewing. I finally found two mid century chairs that I´ve been looking for quite some time at the flea market last saturday . They are in desperate need of some renovation and I can´t wait to try upholstery. How hard can it be? ;-)

Kommentare:

  1. Cute! Good luck with the upholstery... I recovered chairs once and it turned out okay. I'd love to be able to do upholstery. I have a beautiful chair I need reupholstered, but it's very expensive here. Our cat scratched it up terrible.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sieht sehr süß aus, gefällt mir sehr!!!
    GGLG aus der VL!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Good luck with that upholstery-can't wait to see pictures, hope you will share. Sounds like fun!! And.. those goats are too cute. What a great idea to dress up something and put your own touch on it when you don't have time for a large project. So personal. Happy Holidays!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Was für eine schöne Idee!!!!! Ganz einfach und doch unheimlich wirkungsvoll. Lieben Gruße!!! maria

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. @all: Thank you!
    Jamie, upholstery is very expensive here too. That´s why I want to try it myself. I mean how hard can it be? *haha* I´ve recovered chairseats often and mounted canvases so I´m used to a staple gun. I think I´ll take off the old cover, use it as a sewing pattern, put the new one over the chair, fix it on the bottom side with a staple gun and cover the bottom with another piece of fabric. Sounds like a plan, hm? ;-)
    Sometimes my plans work. Or not at all.

    Kelli, I will definitely share it here. It will take some time because I need to sand the chairs before and need to find THE ultimate upholstery fabric (that doesn´t cost an arm and a leg). Right now I think of some cord fabric in teal or lime.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!