Samstag, 21. Januar 2012

English Paper Piecing

Der große Vorteil von english paper piecing ist, dass ich auf diese Weise auch mit Triefnase und Teekanne neben mir, in einen Quilt eingewickelt, am Sofa nähen kann. Außerdem macht es großen Spaß! Papier zuschneiden, viele viele winzige Stiche mit der Hand, die exakten Formen... Ich mag noch immer nicht planen, wie groß das fertige Teil werden soll, aber über einen Polster ist es schon hinausgewachsen, ein Bodenkissen ginge sich schon aus.

The advantage of english paper piecing is that this way I am able to sew lying on the sofa with a teapot next to me wrapped in a quilt - despite my runny nose and thick head. Besides that I enjoy this process! Many many tiny stiches by hand, the exact forms... I still don´t want to decide how big this quilt will be in the end. At this time I have already too many stars for a simple pillow but enough for a floor cushion.
Gerade keine Pläne für dieses Werkstück zu haben, finde ich im Moment sehr entspannend und gut.
To have no plans for this piece of work feels right and relaxing at the moment.


Obwohl... fünf mal so viele Sterne und ich hätte genug für einen Quilt! ;-)

Although...five times this amount and I would have enough for a quilt! ;-)

1 Kommentar:

  1. They look so beautiful! I have no idea how to do any paper piecing (or hand sewing for that matter) so I am impressed with how many you've finished.

    My favorite fabric I've been using in my Farmer's Wife blocks is that yellow with yellow polka dots you sent me. It is so cheerful and goes great with everything. I love it!

    Hope your head cold clears up soon!

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!