Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012

WIP Wednesday

Mittwochs kann man auf vielen -meist englischsprachigen-  Quiltblogs sehen, welche (halb-)fertigen Projekte sich in dieser Woche dort stapeln. Eine spannende Sache, der link findet sich am Ende des Beitrages.

Since last Wednesday  I finished the '1+1=♥' quilt. Blogged  here.


I like it so much that I´d rather keep it, it even fits my mini sparkle punch pillow!
 Good that I already dedicated it to the bridal couple on the quiltback, otherwise... ;-)

quiltback


 
measurements: 45" x 70"
wavy line quilting

the fabrics for the crosses came from my stash
background fabric: I´ll share a well kept secret here - it looks like Alexander Henry´s 'Heath' or  like 'Weave' from the Summersville line (I love both fabrics but just couldn´t find them here in A) but -ta-daa!- it´s a cotton duvet cover from Ikea ('Henny Väv') that I bought only for this purpose. WOF is about 60" and its more than 160" of fabric, so if you calculate in fat quarters the price is unbeatable. It was very nice to sew with and I need to get some more!
 
An EPP project that I started ages ago and that went nowhere was quickly turned into a pillow front...

scandinavian summer pillowfront
It feels so good to work on some very old WIPs! Because I was already looking through my WIP boxes I also made a babyquilt out of some WIP starblocks. It´s basted and quilted now and I just have to decide on the color for the binding. Blogged here

babyquilt front
You´ll find more great WIPs there:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Kommentare:

  1. I love your plus quilt! It's beautiful! The back is amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Pretty little hexies... love the plus quilt too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love the hexies!!! the plus quilt is MADE by the back. such a great idea!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your plus quilt is such a sweet idea for a wedding gift!

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!