Mittwoch, 1. August 2012

WIP wednesday

Mittwochs zeige ich, was ich derzeit gerade nähe.
Did you also admire the nice Christmas-in-July things going on in the blogosphere? It´s very smart to start thinking about your handmade christmas presents now but I´m stubborn- I only feel like making summer-in-July stuff right now. I want summery colors at this time of the year, like red, lightblue, sand/linen and white, maybe a little aqua and bright green! Later in fall I´ll use mango, cherry red, green, purple and a little brown and I probably won´t touch the christmas fabrics before end of November. Yeah, stubborn, can´t help it. The man of the house did laundry last weekend (definitely a keeper!), so I could start and almost finish a summery quilttop with little beachhouses in a day.

on my design wall
I don´t know what it is about EPP in summer, but I enjoy this a lot these days. There was a little progress on the big star blossom quilt.


Then I made smaller templates and made a journal cover with little stars, the sides of the diamonds are 3cm (1.25inches).



 ...and started something else (pillow? journal cover? placemat?) with the same templates.

...and then there was the unspeakable ugly block.

I´m linking to
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
and


Lily's Quilts

Kommentare:

  1. Wow, you've got a lot done! That beach house quilt top looks fantastic. And you are one lucky woman! I don't think my husband even knows how to run the washing machine anymore;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dropping by from the small blog meet - I just love your paper pieced stars!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Visiting from Lily's Quilts...I love your projects on here! Those beach houses are adorable!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love those little beach houses - they are so cute. I feel inspired to do something similar! And I really like your EPP stars - I have been fiddling around with hexagons for a while but I think I prefer your stars. I'm going to look into getting some templates and some papers!

    Have a great week!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Is it obvious how the beach houses are sewn or is anyone interested in a tutorial?

      Löschen
    2. tutorial!!!!!!! bitte gerne. das drucke ich dann aus und lege es ganz oben auf meine liste der dinge, die ich unbedingt auch mal probieren möchte :)

      Löschen
  5. Haha, I actually like the ugliest block! Maybe not those particular colors and fabrics so much, but it's a pretty cool block design!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love a good tessellation, so I kind of like the last block. The beach houses are adorable too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I can't believe you put that beach houses top together so quickly. I love all things nautical so I'm a fan. Also your EPP is just gorgeous too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow, das sieht alles so unglaublich aufwändig aus und trotzdem machst du es so schnell... der Häuserquilt, den find ich ganz besonder schön, hat was von Urlaubsstimmung :)
    Hast du schon einen Plan für den "ugly block"?
    Alles Liebe. maria

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Man sieht, dass es an den letzten beiden Wochenenden immer regnete, da bleibt Zeit für sowas ;-) Den 'ugly block' habe ich tief in die Stoffschnippselkiste gestopft, den mag ich einfach nicht mehr sehen.

      Löschen
  9. Kann man den ugly block nicht färben? Wär doch schade um die ganze Arbeit?

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wow, you have so many gorgeous WIPs!!
    Popping by from Lily's Quilt Small blog meet x

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. All your EPP projects look great - very inspiring!

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!