Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012

Herbstastern [autumn asters]

Das Ergebnis von 14 Stunden gemeinsamem (Schneiden, Bügeln und) Nähen am Wochenende mit meiner Mutter:
The result of 14 hours of (cutting, ironing and) sewing with my mum:

Alle Blocks für Mamas Herbstquilt in ihren liebsten Herbstfarben wurden fertig!! Jeder einzelne Block besteht aus 32 Stoffteilchen... *uff* Zur Probe haben wir die Blocks auf dunkelgrünem Stoff ausgelegt, da sie dunkelgrüne Stege nähen möchte.  All blocks for mum´s  fallquilt in her favourite autumcolors are finished!! Every single block consists of  32 fabric pieces...

Kommentare:

  1. Wow, very pretty! 32 pieces is a lot of sewing, but definitely worth it. What is the name of this block or did you come up with it?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. The blocks just reminded me of autumn asters :)

      Sorry, I don´t remember the name of the pattern- it´s from the book 'Scrap-Basket Surprises' by Kim Brackett (this quilt is on the title) I think this book is still at my parent´s place, so I cannot look it up now... I liked sewing this block a lot -even though there are so many points to match so it requires pinning for accuracy and I usually don´t pin.

      Löschen
  2. I am really impressed! I couldn't imagine making all those blocks and having them end up the same size. They look great. I like how it looks traditional yet modern at the same time.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Looks great!!! 14h! I never have the energy to sew so long... :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. love the colors, colorful but still restful.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!