Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2012

J´s Summer Sampler Quilt

Es ist wieder so weit: unglaublich viele schöne Quilts gibt es hier zu bestaunen, da ist es doch passend, dass mein Summer Sampler Quilt gerade fertig wurde.
It´s time for the blogger´s quilt festival again. I could spend hours clicking through those amazing quilts, how about you? The summer sampler quilt that I started last year was finally finished just in time. In the original quilt of the quilt along there were 12 blocks. I made 12 more so this quilt can be used on a bed. 


While I was sewing my charming sister always referred to this quilt as "the pretty quilt". She´s already at university but she´ll probably always be my 'baby' sister, a couple of years younger than me and has always known how to melt my heart so of course this quilt is now hers :)  And isn´t it just wonderful to sew for someone who really appreciates it?


Lil´sis waited patiently until I was done with all the handquilting (which took ages)... 


I love this quilt because I learned so much while sewing it. It includes my first foundation paper piecing blocks and my piecing became more precise thanks to the great tips in the sew along. It is also my first sampler quilt and the first that I quilted by hand.


  • Quilt Measurements:  58x 88"
  • Special Techniques used: foundation paper piecing (on some of the blocks)
  • Quilted by: me, mostly by hand
  • Best category: bed quilt
I used so many different fabrics in this quilt. Scraps, quilt shop fabrics and others in the colors light green, babyblue, soft pink, cherry red and white. All the 'whites' in this quilt are actually white fabrics with red, green, blue or pink dots. I backed it with a traditional austrian fabric in a matching green.


Now the quilt is on J´s bed. I took the most precious picture of J sitting on her finished quilt with her biggest pretty smile. This picture make me smile every time I see it. But because I decided not to reveal too much on this blog you'll simply have to take potluck with this softy (that I have sewn some years ago for lil´sis) as your quilt model. :)

Kommentare:

  1. This quilt is just beautiful! The color scheme is so fresh and pretty and I love all the star blocks.

    What a wonderful quilt to gift and I'm so glad you have that photo to remind you of it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love this quilt. Your sister has it right, "the pretty quilt" for sure. Great quilting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Your quilt is beautiful!
    I made the Summer Sampler quilt last summer while the quilt-a-long was happening and it was my Spring Blogger Festival entry. It makes me so happy to see yours with your pretty color palette. Adding more blogs is a great idea!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ohhh, I LOVE it! And the softie too. :o)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What a beautiful example of a sampler quilt - those colours are so pretty! Good luck for the competition!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Simply beautiful! I just love the fabric combo.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. A lovely sampler! I love the dotted backgrounds and the beautiful hand quilting. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!