Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012

Happy Scrappy Quilt!

Das Quilttop meines Stoffschnippselquilts ist fertig! Ich freue mich immer, wenn ein Muster, das ich mir selbst ausgedacht habe, funktioniert und dann wirklich so aussieht, wie in meiner Vorstellung. Für den Rand wollte ich noch graue Schnippsel in demselben Muster annähen, habe aber noch nicht genügend graue Stoffreste. Mal sehen.
I finished the top of my "Happy Scrappy Quilt"! It´s my own design and I´m happy that it turned out just as I imagined it. I used up all the scraps of a certain size from my scrap pin. Yay! I´d like to add a border in the same pattern in grey scraps but I don´t have enough grey scraps, just grey fabrics that I don´t want to cut into for a scrap quilt. Stubborn. Maybe I´ll leave it as it is. What do you think?


 Die Inspiration für das Muster für meinen "Happy Scrappy Quilt" war direkt vor meiner Nase: der alte Wohnzimmerfußboden. Mein Rezept für den Quilt lautet also: man nehme 1. einen alten Parkett + 2. viele Stoffschnippsel + 3. ein paar lustige Windräder =
The inspiration for this quilt was right there in front of me: our old wooden floor.
To make a Happy Scrappy Quilt you need: #1 an old wooden floor #2 many colorful scraps # happy pinwheels =


= ein fröhlicher Stoffschnippselquilt!
= a Happy Scrappy Quilt!

♥!

Passiert euch das auch manchmal, dass ihr irgendwo ein Muster seht und gleich einen Quilt daraus machen wollt? Does this happen to you too? Do you see a certain pattern somewhere and know you want to make this into a quilt?

Kommentare:

  1. Der gefällt mir richtig gut!! Die Windmühlen peppen die Reste noch mal so richtig auf!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. It's beautiful! I like the look of quilts without borders. It seems more modern to me. I love how you come up with all these designs on your own. You are very talented like that!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! For me designing is probably the part I enjoy most about making quilts :)

      Löschen
  3. Antworten
    1. Thank you! Just have to hop over to your blog now to see if there are some sweet news! :)

      Löschen
  4. It's beautiful, how long did it take to make? I could prob do the cushion in the previous post but that really would be my quilting limit. You're amazing Dx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dawn, I don´t know how long it took me because I wasn´t counting the hours and didn´t sew the whole quilt at once. I just cut and sewed some blocks now and then after work. At most eight or nine at once. All together it was done after two or three weeks. Taking it easy.

      Is the pattern obvious or would anyone like a pattern?

      Löschen
  5. This quilt is absolutely lovely.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Ooh, I love the colors. Good work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I like the quilt a lot and that you only used scrap pieces.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!