Freitag, 14. Juni 2013

Du+ich Quilt-HOCKER [you+me quilt STOOL]

BEFORE
So here´s the thing: I had this stool (a flea market find) . I liked the shape but not the dated fabric. So I made my very first wonky mini quilt.


I had ironed all the little wonky blocks (2" squares) to lightweight fusible interfacing before sewing them together. That made meeting the corners of the squares easier and gave them nice stability for the next step...
 

...when I took out my staple gun and reupholstered the stool.

AFTER

I closed the corners with some invisible stitches after.


 

I think it looks so nice together with the mid century chair that I stained dark and reupholstered a while ago.


This was a project of many firsts for me: first wonky pattern, first time use of grey fabrics (I know! Where have I been!? But grey fabrics are kind of hard to find here ) and first use of a quilt-as-upholstery-fabric.
 

We´ll use the chair and the stool in the master bedroom. As an extra little reading nook and to drop off clothes.


♥ ♥ ♥


Here I took it outside on the veranda to show the real colors a bit better.


The best thing- the combination of two of my passions- fleamarket finds and quilts. I love it when projects turn out like I hoped. :) 
Of course that´s not always the case. Remind me to show you the striped curtains I dyed lately. Definitely no success, they are soooo ugly. And our washing machine was turquoise for days...


There is a fun Modern mini quilt challenge going on at Ellison Lane quilts. There it says:  Remember, a mini quilt can be a mug rug, a mini quilt, a pillow, a table topper, etc. So I thought - why not a stool, right? ;)

 Linking to  Ellison Lane Modern mini quilt challenge 

 
finish it up Friday and

Kommentare:

  1. Love it! Great colours and it goes beautifully with the chair. Fabulous! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, what a wonderful way to update your stool. I absolutely love it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh I love it! I have a sewing box/stool to reupholster and you are making it sound very easy!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. very pretty! I like your colors and the wonky blocks!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. That is quite amazing!!! And your pics are fabulous. I neeeed this:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Such lovely little blocks to make a beautiful stool! Very pretty!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Just gorgeous! I love it! And that chair... sigh, it's so dreamy.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. That is awesome!! I adore the stool, great work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Das ist ja eine geniale Idee. Sieht richtig super aus.
    Und türkis mit grau... wunderschön.
    LG Jana

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Awe struck by this cushion. I love everything about it to include the pattern,the fabrics especially the floral grey print and your idea to make it a cushion!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. The stool and chair look amazing together! What a brilliant idea! I hope Jennifer's husband likes yours the best:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. So awesome! Love that you made your mini into a stool! Thanks for entering the Modern Mini Challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. The stool is stunning, I've alwaya wanted to have a go at re-upholstering withpatchwork after I say a patchwork chaise lounge in a quilt shop in Jedburgh, Borderland Fabrics I think. Your's has really made me think about it again.... car boot here I come.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!