Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2014

WIP wednesday / on my design wall

Die restlichen Stoffdreiecken des Babyquilts waren der Ausgangspunkt für meinen aktuellen Quiltentwurf.


The remaining triangles of the babyquilt were the starting point for my latest quilt design, that is now a WIP on my design wall. I enjoyed playing with the fabrics so much! For the background I used six different low volume fabrics. I totally left my comfort zone here by mixing low volume prints with white backgrounds with those who have a cream background. I wouldn´t do this usually but then I thought of the admireable Red Pepper Quilts. Rita´s quilt designs are often simple -while always perfect in execution- e.g. just squares but what really makes them special is her fearless mixing of fabrics. So I decided to go with my fabric choices and I do like the outcome of the fabric mix in this quilt design. To me the background has a vintage feeling.

Kommentare:

  1. Wie wunderschön! Wird das auch ein Babyquilt? :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Mütze übrigens in Arbeit - farblich perfekt, hoffe ich ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh fein! Ich freu mich schon so!

      Ja genau, das wird DER Babyquilt, hihi.

      Löschen
  3. I like it, the colors look great with the background.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über Eure Kommentare!
I love to read your comments!